Facilitator, Talent & Organizational Development
Hawaii Employer Council
This is a rare opportunity to use your years of experience as a corporate training facilitator to benefit local companies and make a difference in our business community. Think of the variety of companies you could work with and how you will make a difference in their organization. Legacy companies that are fabric of our island’s heritage and companies you shop at and see commercials for. You could help develop their talent at all levels from leaders to individual contributors.
You have worked your whole career to get to this pinnacle, where you are at the top of your game; and ready to use your years of knowledge, skill and abilities to give back to the community and help develop the talent of many organizations. Bring your energy, enthusiasm, skill, and knowledge, and join our team of highly experienced professionals who contribute value every day to the members we support.
How is this all possible? This opportunity is waiting for you at the Hawaii Employers Council. We are a non-profit member-driven employers association that has been supporting thousands of businesses in our State since 1943. We provide human resource and labor relations support and services to maximize our member company’s productivity, help them meet their operational goals and support them in reducing their legal risk while building their human resource compliance.
You could be that one person we are looking for? Here are the qualifications:
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resource Learning and Development o Course development and design of soft skill topics, human resource curriculum and training materials
o Knowledge and experience in Human Resources operations. Knowledgeable on employment law a plus.
o Solid understanding of learning principles and adult learning philosophies
- 7+ years of experience as a supervisor Proactive; takes initiative; able to execute without prompting or follow-up. Strong, thoughtful, and agile problem-solving skills. Pays close attention to detail.
- Experience in creating business partnerships and leading large-scale learning and development initiatives with strong project management skills.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Able to function independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and commitment to excellence
- Able to manage multiple priorities and adjust direction as needs change. Adaptable to work with shifting priorities with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated diagnostic, synthesis, conceptual and analytical skills to recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated consulting skills and relationship management with HR and senior leaders. Conceptualizes creative solutions and able to present/sell them to senior-level management.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management, organizational skills and ability to uphold confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to interact with multiple clients simultaneously and manage multiple priorities with competing demands. Demonstrated use of innovative organizational development techniques, digital technologies, and/or tools to support delivery of work.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies and various delivery methods. Proven experience creating and designing content, producing training materials, facilitating and presenting, and administration and maintenance of records, metrics and reports.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation, and facilitation). Strong public speaking skills with the ability to engage learners throughout trainings and learning opportunities.
- Efficient and productive typing ability and accurate proof-reading skills.
- Experience and advanced working knowledge in utilizing software applications such as all of the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and a variety of video teleconferencing software programs such as Zoom, GoToWebinar and MS Teams.
- Actively familiar with current trends in learning and development including e-learning, virtual reality, video, podcast, and other digital training methods to implement innovative approaches.
- Polished professional with outstanding facilitation skills in both small and large group settings, adapting style to variety of audiences – including structured courses and less structured interventions.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Organizational Development and Learning Consultant | Hawaiian Electric - NEW!
The primary focus of this position is in the areas of employee and leadership training and development, performance, engagement, culture, change management, leadership & executive succession, and organizational effectiveness. Emphasis on utilizing advanced project management, program and policy development, research, and platform and facilitation skills. Position works closely with the managers and executives of the Hawaiian Electric Companies on related strategic initiatives and projects.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of management and our tri-company HR partners to identify, design and develop, and facilitate the implementation of organizational development and learning strategies to achieve business objectives and ensure a high performing organization. These include programs in areas such as organizational effectiveness, leadership and employee development, team development, organizational culture, engagement, change management, succession, and performance management. Provides consultation, coaching, training, tools, and interventions that support individual and work group performance. Ensures actions are in support of the Company’s strategic objectives and in compliance with company policies, practices, procedures, Collective Bargaining Agreement, State and Federal laws.
- Conducts needs assessments and researches, designs, develops and/or delivers training and development programs on general business and leadership skills that are focused on needed workforce competencies. Develops internal trainers and subject matter experts who can deliver training. Manages information on available business-related training resources, methods, costs, and program evaluation.
- Researches, recommends, and designs related systems, programs and policies (for example, performance management) to achieve a flexible, highly qualified and competitive workforce. Facilitates implementation of such programs, as needed. Continuously evaluates effectiveness of programs. Maintains strong partnerships with key leaders, tri-company HR partners and external organizations to fulfill short- and long-term organizational development needs.
- Manage and analyze data, interpret findings, communicate analyses and results, and make sound recommendations based on findings. Use data to design/develop and reevaluate programs, identify strategic sourcing avenues, advise, and train customers, and develop key metrics. Network with various business-related groups.
- Together with the Manager, develops enterprise-wide organizational development and learning strategy, including preparing and managing associated budget. Manages the budget for activities and programs.
- Participates in Company emergency response activities as assigned, including any activities required to prepare for such emergency response.
- Working knowledge in the principles of Organizational Development and adult learning in a business setting.
- Broad knowledge of leadership practices and principles; human resources practices and principals; and labor and employment/EEO laws normally acquired through advance college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures contained in documents such as a Collective Bargaining Agreement and other HR resources.
- Strong experience in training delivery and group facilitation, adult learning and curriculum development.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures contained in documents such as a Collective Bargaining Agreement, HR Portal, HR Policies, etc.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and/or mainframe systems and related software applications (i.e., spreadsheets, word processing, database management etc.).
- Basic knowledge of budgeting and forecasting principles and processes (including annual Operating Forecast, Capital Budgets, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences, education or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree and/or SRHM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and flexibility in interpersonal style, and ability to influence and persuade various groups or individuals, frequently dealing with sensitive issues.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and materials discreetly and professionally.
- Ability to write business case proposals, policies, training programs (i.e., curriculum development), etc.
- Strong oral and listening communication skills.
- Strong platform, presentation and facilitation skills to manage group processes.
- Demonstrated ability to remain cool under pressure, be flexible in a demanding work environment, manage multiple priorities, and to exceed goals successfully.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and administrative skills to assess the demands of the job, to recommend proper actions, and to handle multiple complex systems, projects, and programs with minimal supervision. Ability to handle details without losing sight of broad goals.
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills; the ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge and translate into learning curricula, including grasping technical things quickly when facing new problems.
- Keep abreast of the latest OD, Learning, and business trends, tools and techniques.
- Basic accounting and budgeting skills to administer accounts and programs.
Successful coaching, training and curriculum development, and consultative experience in working with employees and leadership (e.g., managers, executives).
- Multiple (5-7) years of related exempt-level human resources, OD, training or related experience. Experience in public speaking, facilitation
- Experience with designing and implementing programs and systems.
Job Posting 11/16/2021
Back to Other Job Listings
Corporate Training Administrator|Central Pacific Bank
Under the general direction of the Training & Development Manager, develops, coordinates and facilitates a variety of training and development programs to include tracking and reporting results. Assist the Training & Development manager with projects pertaining to Strategic Planning.
Performs all duties and interacts with internal and external customers in a manner aligned with the Company's Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Exceptional Service (TIES); Customer Experience Competencies of Customer Interaction, Empowerment and Ownership; and Basic Skills of Listening, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Action Orientated, Thoroughness, Problem Solving.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 3+ years of professional/technical job specific experience related to this position.
· 2+ years of branch banking or course development experience preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
· Must be able to move and lift items up to 20lbs and perform other light physical work.
· Must be able to operate standard office equipment, including phone, personal computer, copier, etc.
· Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with all internal and external customers. Must also be able to hear sufficiently to engage in daily discussions and interactions.
· Must be able to read and understand bank-related documents.
· Must be able to work in a conventional office setting, involving sitting at a desk or workstation for long periods of time. Must also be able to adapt to different work environments as needed to perform the job.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.