January 4 - February 1, 2024 (5 Online Sessions) | 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM HST
This course is eligible for up to $400 in ETF (Employment Training Funds). To find out more about this program and to apply, please go through our partner TH!NK Training (https://think-training.com/events/workshops/).
To register for the full price without applying for ETF funds, please register at ATD Hawai'i (https://atdhawaii.org/event-5305320).
Special: Register 30 days before the start of the session and receive a voucher to purchase any one of Kassy's books.
Virtual training is popular, but the abilities required to conduct it efficiently and provide good results are difficult to master. Kassy LaBorie Consulting's Virtual Facilitator Certification is a hands-on, practical, engaging, fast-paced, and highly effective live online program that trains learning professionals in designing, developing, and facilitating what learners commonly refer to as "heroic virtual training experiences!"
This 5-session, 2-hour live online certification provides participants with the opportunity to work with and learn directly from Kassy LaBorie, a virtual training veteran of 25 years, author, consultant, and worldwide acclaimed facilitator and presenter. This special offer allows you to interact with Kassy in the same way she consults with her clients, including the synchronous classroom experience. Gain from her expertise, robust handouts, tools, templates, and content from her various books to understand of what it means to be a virtual training hero!
SESSION DATES & TIMES
The two-hour sessions will be conducted from 11 AM to 1 PM HST on the following dates:
- Session 1 – January 4
- Session 2 – January 11
- Session 3 – January 18
- Session 4 – January 25
- Session 5 – February 1
VIRTUAL CERTIFICATION TRAINING APPROACH
- An immersive skill building experience of engaging online training with practice and coaching
- A program delivered entirely live online and time spaced across five weeks
- Five, 2-hour live online sessions, designed to empower trainers to deliver virtual instructor-led training with confidence
- Participants join a live online training world, participate in discussion, both on and offline, practice training online, explore and learn their platform, and create training materials ready for immediate use!
CERTIFICATION PROGRAM INCLUSIONS & ASSUMPTIONS
This virtual certification program includes and assumes the following:
Learn and be coached directly from Kassy LaBorie and receive the following:
- A Participant Manual
- Example facilitator’s slides and other materials which can be used as templates
- A Virtual Platform Checklist
- Coaching in the moment
- An online channel or discussion board using Padlet
- Practice time
- Feedback and action plan development
- Flexibility to adjust the program as the team needs
- A Virtual Training Hero badge, powered by Credly, is earned which can be shared on your choice of social media platforms, internally and externally
- All online sessions delivered through Zoom, although other platforms are discussed so attendees do not need to always use Zoom at their companies. They only need it for this program. They should download the Zoom Meetings Desktop Client and be up to date. Do not use the mobile application or the web browser version for this certification. https://zoom.us/download
- Participants attend the training from their own computer, their own desk, and their own audio connection.
- Each online session is recorded and made available only to the candidates who participated in the live sessions for 30 days following the completion of the program.
- Each participant has access to login and host their own virtual sessions using the web conferencing platform of their choice (Zoom, Teams, Webex, etc.) to apply the technical learning, and practice on their own in between sessions.
- Participants actively attend and complete assignments to earn the final certification.
- If participants miss classes or request make up sessions, we will work together to determine the due dates and pricing associated with the additional training/coaching sessions required. Please note there is a $250 fee for makeup teach back sessions, which are also a requirement to earn the final certification.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
KASSY LABORIE is the founder and principal consultant at Kassy LaBorie Consulting, LLC. She is a professional speaker, author, facilitator, and instructional designer who specializes in virtual engagement for learning and development professionals and business owners who get to use web conferencing technology to connect with people around the globe. She’s known for believing that “being online is certainly equal to, and in some cases, better than, being in-person!”
In her previous role at Dale Carnegie & Associates, she was the director of virtual training services, a corporate consultancy that partnered with organizations to help them develop, design, and develop successful online training strategies. Kassy also served as the product design architect responsible for developing the company’s live online training product and experience, leading a team that built a $4 million dollar business in 4 years.
Kassy is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and the co-author of Interact and Engage! 75+ Activities for Virtual Training, Meetings, and Webinars (ATD Press, Second Edition, December 2022). She is also the author of Producing Virtual Training, Meetings, and Webinars (ATD Press, January 2021).
See what Kassy is up to next by connecting with her on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kassylaborie/ and following her at KassyConsulting.com
“What a great way to learn new skills and improve on my existing virtual facilitation skills, thoroughly enjoyable, engaging workshop in a safe fully supported space, would recommend to anyone that wants to improve and have more engaging virtual technology meetings and training session, well done and thank you Kassy and the team for an enjoyable and fun training experience”.
ESI and Emerging Technology
Additional Event Information
Zoom Information will be provided by Kassy Laborie Consulting, LLC
- Member and Non-Member Registration: $1045.00
Contact email email@example.com.
Registrants who need to cancel must do so at least 14 days before the training program date.
- Cancellations made at least 14 days before the workshop will receive a refund minus a 5 percent administrative fee.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before the training program, will not receive a refund.
- Registrants who do not cancel or transfer within the given timeframe, or do not attend the course, will not receive a refund.
NOTE: In the event that ATD Hawai'i does not have a minimum of 8 people registered by December 21, 2023, we will fully refund your event registration.
- Registration modification to indicate a substitute participant must be completed at least 10 days before the training program date. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for these requests.
Kassy LaBorie Consulting, LLC. reserves the right to cancel or postpone the training program due to unforeseen circumstances. In this event, Kassy LaBorie Consulting, LLC. will refund the program registration fee but is not responsible for any other expenses that may have been incurred as a result, such as logins to technologies or other equipment a registrant may have chosen to purchase.